Russian club hit with transfer ban
Moscow: Russian Cup winners Rubin Kazan have been hit with a transfer embargo due to unpaid wages, the Russian FA announced.
Rubin will be unable to register new players for the Russian Premier League in the winter transfer window because of debts to the football club`s ex-striker Roman Adamov, the FA`s dispute resolution council ruled Thursday.
The statement came amid reports of the financial problems at the two-time Russian champions, confirmed recently by coach Kurban Berdyev, who nevertheless insisted that all debts would be cleared.
The FA has given Rubin 30 days to resolve the dispute with Adamov and imposed $3,250 fine on the club.
The same sanctions were applied to FC Volga last week.
Adamov, 30, was at Rubin from 2008 to 2012, but played only 26 matches for the team before moving to Czech side Viktoria Plzen in September.
Rubin stand seventh in the league and have reached the Europa League round of 32, where they will face Atletico Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan