Russian sports minister praises Capello for national team`s success
Moscow: Italian coach Fabio Capello has played a key role in the success of Russia`s national football team, Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko said.
During the qualification tournament for the World Cup, Russia won all four games against Azerbaijan, Portugal, Northern Ireland and Israel and retained the first place in the Group F, reports Xinhua.
"Capello is a very serious expert. Also I like the new faces appearing in the team. It is very important," Mutko told a professional sports newspaper Wednesday.
Capello, 66, was named new coach of the Russian national football team in July. His predecessor, Dutchman Dick Advocaat, resigned after Russia suffered an early exit at the Euro 2012.
Capello led England to the Euro 2012 finals in Poland and Ukraine but fell apart with the Football Association chiefs on skipper John Terry`s role in the squad, which resulted in his resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months