Russian sports minister praises Capello for national team`s success
Moscow: Italian coach Fabio Capello has played a key role in the success of Russia`s national football team, Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko said.
During the qualification tournament for the World Cup, Russia won all four games against Azerbaijan, Portugal, Northern Ireland and Israel and retained the first place in the Group F, reports Xinhua.
"Capello is a very serious expert. Also I like the new faces appearing in the team. It is very important," Mutko told a professional sports newspaper Wednesday.
Capello, 66, was named new coach of the Russian national football team in July. His predecessor, Dutchman Dick Advocaat, resigned after Russia suffered an early exit at the Euro 2012.
Capello led England to the Euro 2012 finals in Poland and Ukraine but fell apart with the Football Association chiefs on skipper John Terry`s role in the squad, which resulted in his resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'