Russia’s mega-rich Anzhi targeting England manager Capello
London: Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala is reportedly targeting England manager Fabio Capello after he quits mentoring the Three Lions in 2012.
According to the Daily Mail, Capello will not walk out on his contract with the Football Association, but he is free to take another role after next summer’s European Championship finals.
That coincides with the restructuring of the Russian Premier League, which will change to an autumn start next season, falling into line with the rest of Europe.
Although 65-year-old Capello has always insisted the England job will be his last, the Russian club will make a head-turning offer for him to take over.
They are eager to meet him soon, but the Italian does not want to be distracted from Euro 2012 qualification.
England’s final group game is in Montenegro next month and Capello may not be prepared to discuss his future until qualification is secured.
Anzhi, bankrolled by billionaire businessman Suleyman Kerimov, who is worth almost five billion pounds, believe Capello is the ideal candidate to take their club forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez