Russia’s mega-rich Anzhi targeting England manager Capello
London: Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala is reportedly targeting England manager Fabio Capello after he quits mentoring the Three Lions in 2012.
According to the Daily Mail, Capello will not walk out on his contract with the Football Association, but he is free to take another role after next summer’s European Championship finals.
That coincides with the restructuring of the Russian Premier League, which will change to an autumn start next season, falling into line with the rest of Europe.
Although 65-year-old Capello has always insisted the England job will be his last, the Russian club will make a head-turning offer for him to take over.
They are eager to meet him soon, but the Italian does not want to be distracted from Euro 2012 qualification.
England’s final group game is in Montenegro next month and Capello may not be prepared to discuss his future until qualification is secured.
Anzhi, bankrolled by billionaire businessman Suleyman Kerimov, who is worth almost five billion pounds, believe Capello is the ideal candidate to take their club forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi