Ryan Giggs eyeing starting berth against Real Madrid after recent fine form
London: Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs believes his recent goalscoring displays have given Sir Alex Ferguson a tough decision to make ahead of the Champions League clash against Real Madrid.
The 39-year-old made his 999th appearance in a United shirt away to QPR on Saturday, and capped a fine individual performance with his second league goal of the campaign.
Giggs came on for the final 26 minutes of the first-leg 1-1 draw at Bernabeu two weeks ago, but has hinted at his desire to start the all-important return tie next Tuesday.
"It is a headache for the manager but a good one," Giggs told reporters. "We are not looking too far ahead and we are not getting too excited."
On the game as a whole, Giggs believes squad rotation ahead of, and for, the tie is crucial to keep the team`s momentum intact.
He continued: "We are in good form and the manager has a big squad to choose from, which allows him to chop and change and that is all you can ask for at this stage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray