Sagna confident of rediscovering best form for Arsenal
London: Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is confident a full pre-season campaign will help him get back to his best form.
The right-back missed the Gunners` close-season programme last term due to a string of injuries, including two leg breaks, but was able to join the club on their tour of Asia ahead of the 2013-14 campaign.
Sagna impressed as a second-half substitute during a 7-0 rout of Indonesia on Sunday, providing two assists for compatriot Olivier Giroud, and he is delighted to be back playing.
"I`m very happy. Last year I missed pre-season so I was struggling a bit during the season," he told the club’s official website. "I`m looking forward to getting back to my best, that`s my aim and after that we`ll see.
"I think it`s great for us to come here and to visit Indonesia is something different.
"I think we played well. We managed to keep the ball, pass it and create chances. We have to stay positive and we have to keep working.
"The guys did well in the first half, it was not easy because [Indonesia] were full of power. In the second half they were a bit tired so it means they achieved a great job and we managed to take advantage of it."
The 30-year-old has ended speculation that he could leave the Emirates Stadium this summer by revealing that he is negotiating with the Gunners to extend his stay beyond 2014.
Arsene Wenger`s side will face Vietnam, Nagoya Grampus and Urawa Red Diamond over the next 12 days, before hosting the annual Emirates Cup tournament in August, which will feature Napoli, Galatasaray and Porto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak