Sailen Manna - Factfile
Kolkata: The career highlights of Indian soccer legend Sailen Manna, who died in a city private hospital early Monday.
Sailendra Nath Manna, born Sep 1, 1924.
International debut: July 31, 1948, vs France (London Olympics).
International caps: 14.
Olympics: 1948, 1952 (captain).
Asian Games: 1951 (captain), 1954 (captain).
Quadrangular (Colombo Cup): 1952 (captain), 1953 (captain), 1954 (captain).
Gold Medal: 1951 Asian Games
Champion in Quadrangular Cup: 1952, 1953, 1954.
Represented Bengal in the National championship from 1944-1954, captained 1949-1954. Won the Santosh Trophy in 1945, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1953.
Played for Mohun Bagan from 1942-1960, captained 1950-1955.
Calcutta Football League: 1943, 1944, 1951, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960.
IFA Shield: 1947, 1954, 1956, 1960.
Durand Cup: 1953.
Rovers Cup: 1955.
Padma Shri: 1971
AIFF Player-of-the-Millennium: 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Jan Dhan accounts “very vulnerable” to frauds: RBI
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test