Sailen Manna - Factfile
Kolkata: The career highlights of Indian soccer legend Sailen Manna, who died in a city private hospital early Monday.
Sailendra Nath Manna, born Sep 1, 1924.
International debut: July 31, 1948, vs France (London Olympics).
International caps: 14.
Olympics: 1948, 1952 (captain).
Asian Games: 1951 (captain), 1954 (captain).
Quadrangular (Colombo Cup): 1952 (captain), 1953 (captain), 1954 (captain).
Gold Medal: 1951 Asian Games
Champion in Quadrangular Cup: 1952, 1953, 1954.
Represented Bengal in the National championship from 1944-1954, captained 1949-1954. Won the Santosh Trophy in 1945, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1953.
Played for Mohun Bagan from 1942-1960, captained 1950-1955.
Calcutta Football League: 1943, 1944, 1951, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960.
IFA Shield: 1947, 1954, 1956, 1960.
Durand Cup: 1953.
Rovers Cup: 1955.
Padma Shri: 1971
AIFF Player-of-the-Millennium: 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'