Saints defender Lovren keen on Liverpool move - reports
Croatia international defender Dejan Lovren wants to leave Southampton and complete a move to Liverpool, British media reported on Sunday, quoting the 25-year-old as saying his "head is already at" the Merseyside club.
Liverpool coach Brendan Rodgers has already signed Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana from Southampton in the last two months and is reportedly keen to add the central defender to his list of off-season acquisitions.
"Liverpool sent a (pound) 20 million ($33.58 million) offer and they (Southampton) paid nine million for me, so they would`ve earned twice the amount," the Liverpool Echo quoted Lovren as telling Croatian website Sportske Novosti.
"At this point, I don`t know what I`ll do and I don`t like it. It was unbelievable that a few days ago I had an offer of 20 million pounds.
"It was in the morning and by the afternoon the club had said I was not for sale. Frankly, my head is already at Liverpool.
"Liverpool sent the offer and the club haven`t informed me. I found out about the bid from other people which disappointed me and I realised I`ve got no business staying at Southampton."
Lovren, who turned 25 on Saturday, joined Southampton from Lyon in June 2013 and represented his country at the World Cup in Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves