Salgaocar FC releases French striker Gnakpa
Panaji: Salgaocar FC, which is currently struggling in the I-League championship, has released French striker Claude Gnakpa who has managed to score just two goals in last 11 matches.
After a bright start, the Goa outfit became listless, collecting just one point from their last four outings in the country`s premier football tournament.
Salgaocar coach Derrick Pereira today issued a press release, stating that the "French striker does not fit in the team plan as the injury he is carrying has affected his performance".
"We need to get back to our winning ways soon and are on the lookout for a fourth foreigner. We will be playing with three foreigners in our match against Shillong Lajong on friday," he stated in the release.
Gnakpa was released on November 29, but formalities were completed on thursday.
"We thank Gnakpa for his contribution to the club and wish him a successful career ahead," the release added.
As per I-League rules, each team is allowed to induct four foreign players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Mahmud Abbas rejects charges of 'blood libel' against Jews
- Eight CRPF jawans killed, 21 injured as Lashkar terrorists ambush convoy in J&K's Pampore
- Three Hizbul militants arrested in J&K's Shopian district
- England V Pakistan: James Anderson doubtful for first Test, fractures right shoulder
- Dieselgate: Volkswagen Ready to Pay $10 billion to settle US claims