Salgaocar FC releases French striker Gnakpa
Panaji: Salgaocar FC, which is currently struggling in the I-League championship, has released French striker Claude Gnakpa who has managed to score just two goals in last 11 matches.
After a bright start, the Goa outfit became listless, collecting just one point from their last four outings in the country`s premier football tournament.
Salgaocar coach Derrick Pereira today issued a press release, stating that the "French striker does not fit in the team plan as the injury he is carrying has affected his performance".
"We need to get back to our winning ways soon and are on the lookout for a fourth foreigner. We will be playing with three foreigners in our match against Shillong Lajong on friday," he stated in the release.
Gnakpa was released on November 29, but formalities were completed on thursday.
"We thank Gnakpa for his contribution to the club and wish him a successful career ahead," the release added.
As per I-League rules, each team is allowed to induct four foreign players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...