Salgaocar FC signs Japanese midfielder Seiji Saito
New Delhi: Salgaocar FC has roped in the services of Japanese midfielder Seiji Saito for the 2013-2014 I-League season.
Saito last turned out for Polishtop division side, Korona Kielce FC, before which he represented Warriors Football Club in Singapore.
"He is a quality player, physically strong and has played at high levels in Brazil and Poland," said SFC Coach Derrick Pereira.
"We have seen him at practice and he fits into our scheme of things. We`re very happy to have him onboard," added Pereira.
The 27-year-old Saito has previously played for notable teams like Sao Paolo `B` J League outfits Kawasaki Frontale and Kashiwa Reysol FC.
He has also represented Japan at under-15, U-16, U-17, U-18 and U-19 levels.
Salgaocar FC`s general secretary, Raj Gomes said, "Saito has been with us a couple of days. His positive attitude, will to play for Salgaocar and experience for the last ten years will hold him in good stead. We hope he takes this opportunity to prove his talent and we wish him all the best."
Saito said he was looking forward to this exciting challenge with Salgaocar FC.
"I will do my best and contribute towards the club having a good season."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre