Salgaocar recruit Jacobs, Hamza for next season of I-League
Margao: Sikkim United Football Club`s Quinton Jacobs and HAL`s striker Hamza Amaba have signed for Salgaocar FC as foreign players for the next I League season even as Edeh Chidi along with French Maxime Belouet have been dropped.
Chidi had a disappointing season despite being the highest paid footballer at the club.
Salgaocar`s coaching staff had monitored Hamza in the I-League where he scored seven goals for HAL and were impressed with his ability to tire out defences with his speedy movement.
The signing of 32-year old former Namibia Captain Jacobs who played for Baichung Bhutia?s Sikkim United Football Club which has been promoted to the Elite I-League, started his career with Black Africa in native Namibia in 1997 and later played with Manchester United reserves against a Major League Soccer(MLS) Under-21 in 1999.
Salgaocar Captain Brazilian Luciano Sobrosa will continue to lead the side.
However, there is no confirmation with the other foreign striker Japanese Ryuji Sueoka whether he will be available for next season.
Sueoka, the best player of the I-League last year is being pursued relentlessly by I-League Champions Dempo and Churchill Brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference