Salgaocar to challenge Prayag United in I-League
Margao: Salgaocar is aware of the challenge they will be facing as they look to extend their unbeaten run in ten matches as they face upbeat Prayag United on Monday in the 19th round of the I-League to be played at Nehru Stadium.
Both the teams have been playing consistently in the second leg upsetting the calculation of the title contenders Dempo, Churchill Brothers, East Bengal and Mohun Bagan to whom they have beaten and enhance their chances to remain in fray for the title.
Prayag United, unbeaten in the last seven matches, are placed fifth with 32 points from 18 matches. While Salgaocar placed below them at 30 points from as many matches have a good chance to move ahead if they win tomorrow against Prayag United.
"We are playing at home. The crowd will be behind us but we still have a huge task on hand. We are aware of the challenge we are going to face against Prayag United who have the reputation of beating top teams in this tournament and we need to work hard and play to our potential to script a win tomorrow," stated Karim Bencherifa, Salgaocar’s coach.
"We did not get a good start but our boys worked hard to cope up with the challenge to remain unbeaten in the last seven matches. Prayag is a good side with quality players who have been together for long time that makes them strong. We are at a stage where no slip-ups can be allowed but to remain focus and keep on winning if we fancy any chance to win the title," stated Bencherifa adding Midfielder Tomba Singh is out due to double booking while the rest of the team will remain the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof