Sandip Nandy joins Mohun Bagan
New Delhi: Veteran goalkeeper Sandip Nandy on Wednesday signed a one-year deal with Kolkata giants Mohun Bagan after he was released by I-League winners Churchill Brothers of Goa.
The 38-year-old Nandy, who returned to Kolkata after a gap of one year, had a brilliant I-League season with Churchill which earned him a recall to India team in the international friendly against Palestine in February.
"We are extremely pleased with the signing of Sandip Nandy and thank Libero Sports India which facilitated the transfer. I am confident Sandip will play a vital role for the team next season, as he did in 1997 when Mohun Bagan won the National Football League and we look forward to him joining us," Mohun Bagan Football Secretary Uttam Saha said.
Arvind Narayan, Nandy`s FIFA Licensed player agent, said, "Sandip is one of the best goalkeepers in India at the moment and will be a great addition to Mohun Bagan. He is looking forward to playing in front of the vociferous Kolkata crowd. We wish him all the best."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor