Sandip Nandy joins Mohun Bagan
New Delhi: Veteran goalkeeper Sandip Nandy on Wednesday signed a one-year deal with Kolkata giants Mohun Bagan after he was released by I-League winners Churchill Brothers of Goa.
The 38-year-old Nandy, who returned to Kolkata after a gap of one year, had a brilliant I-League season with Churchill which earned him a recall to India team in the international friendly against Palestine in February.
"We are extremely pleased with the signing of Sandip Nandy and thank Libero Sports India which facilitated the transfer. I am confident Sandip will play a vital role for the team next season, as he did in 1997 when Mohun Bagan won the National Football League and we look forward to him joining us," Mohun Bagan Football Secretary Uttam Saha said.
Arvind Narayan, Nandy`s FIFA Licensed player agent, said, "Sandip is one of the best goalkeepers in India at the moment and will be a great addition to Mohun Bagan. He is looking forward to playing in front of the vociferous Kolkata crowd. We wish him all the best."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what