Santa Cruz reveals interest in moving to Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro: Paraguay international striker Roque Santa Cruz admitted he is considering a move to Brazilian top-flight football club Botafogo.
His comments came less than a week after Botafogo confirmed they were in talks with the 31-year-old`s representatives.
"I`ve heard that they are interested in me," Santa Cruz told Brazil`s Lancenet Wednesday. "My agent has taken a look at the opportunity and we are considering it. Botafogo is a big club and I`m flattered by their interest."
Santa Cruz, whose contract with English Premier League side Manchester City expires on June 30th, is currently on loan at Spanish La Liga outfit Malaga.
He admitted the lure of being closer to his family could be decisive in the decision.
"I have been out of Paraguay for 14 years and at some stage it is good to be able to go back to be close to home," Santa Cruz said. "It`s something I`ve been thinking about more."
Santa Cruz has been capped 89 times by Paraguay and scored 25 goals since his international debut in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Congress condemns Punjab Health Minister's 'shameful' remark on drugs
- Court relaxes bail conditions of accused in Suraj Parmar suicide case
- Lionel Messi's retirement not to change endorsement pact: Tata Motors
- New leaked iPhone 7 images show large cameras
- HILARIOUS: Virender Sehwag wishes former Daredevils team-mate Kevin Pietersen Happy Birthday in funny style!