Santa Cruz reveals interest in moving to Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro: Paraguay international striker Roque Santa Cruz admitted he is considering a move to Brazilian top-flight football club Botafogo.
His comments came less than a week after Botafogo confirmed they were in talks with the 31-year-old`s representatives.
"I`ve heard that they are interested in me," Santa Cruz told Brazil`s Lancenet Wednesday. "My agent has taken a look at the opportunity and we are considering it. Botafogo is a big club and I`m flattered by their interest."
Santa Cruz, whose contract with English Premier League side Manchester City expires on June 30th, is currently on loan at Spanish La Liga outfit Malaga.
He admitted the lure of being closer to his family could be decisive in the decision.
"I have been out of Paraguay for 14 years and at some stage it is good to be able to go back to be close to home," Santa Cruz said. "It`s something I`ve been thinking about more."
Santa Cruz has been capped 89 times by Paraguay and scored 25 goals since his international debut in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state