Santos confirm AC Milan talks over Robinho
Peixe are keen to bring the forward back to his homeland, but admit that it will be difficult to strike a deal due to financial differences
The 28-year-old is believed to be keen on a move back to his former club, with Peixe star Neymar also calling for the Rossoneri star to agree a deal to join him back in Brazil.
"Robinho wants to return to Brazil and for him that means returning to Santos," Ribeiro told TV O Povo de Fortaleza.
"We have presented a written offer, though there is a difference between what the player and the club are asking for."
Robinho made over 100 appearances for Santos before moving to Real Madrid in 2005, but despite the player`s love for the club, the president was quick to concede that negotiations are likely to be tough.
"It can be circumvented, but it is not a simple task. It is a battle that must have results by the end of this week."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP