Santos confirm Neymar bids accepted

Last Updated: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 13:15

Barcelona: The Brazilians have reached an agreement with two clubs believed to be Barcelona and Real Madrid and are now awaiting the player`s decision.

Santos have confirmed the club have accepted two offers for Neymar.

The two sides to have had offers accepted are widely reported to be Barcelona and Real Madrid.

"Santos FC announces that it has received two proposals for Neymar," said the club via its official Twitter account. "The Management Committee of the club decided to negotiate the [sale of the] player.

"Neymar and his father are expected in Belmiro to choose which proposal the player will accept."

The two-time South American Player of the Year, whose contract is set to expire in 2014, informed the club earlier this month of his desire to join Tito Vilanova’s side.

This year`s Spanish champions had seen two bids previous bids rejected by the Brazilian outfit but are now one step closer to sealing a deal for the Brazil international.

Big-spending PSG and their newly-promoted Ligue 1 counterparts Monaco have also been linked to the young forward who has already scored over 100 senior goals in Brazil.

The 21-year-old had previously said he intended to stay in Brazil until after World Cup 2014.

Goal.com



First Published: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 13:15

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus