Santos confirm Neymar bids accepted
Barcelona: The Brazilians have reached an agreement with two clubs believed to be Barcelona and Real Madrid and are now awaiting the player`s decision.
Santos have confirmed the club have accepted two offers for Neymar.
The two sides to have had offers accepted are widely reported to be Barcelona and Real Madrid.
"Santos FC announces that it has received two proposals for Neymar," said the club via its official Twitter account. "The Management Committee of the club decided to negotiate the [sale of the] player.
"Neymar and his father are expected in Belmiro to choose which proposal the player will accept."
The two-time South American Player of the Year, whose contract is set to expire in 2014, informed the club earlier this month of his desire to join Tito Vilanova’s side.
This year`s Spanish champions had seen two bids previous bids rejected by the Brazilian outfit but are now one step closer to sealing a deal for the Brazil international.
Big-spending PSG and their newly-promoted Ligue 1 counterparts Monaco have also been linked to the young forward who has already scored over 100 senior goals in Brazil.
The 21-year-old had previously said he intended to stay in Brazil until after World Cup 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan