Santos reject Barcelona`s Neymar bid
Rio de Janeiro: Santos have rejected a 20 million-euro offer from Barcelona for Brazil star Neymar.
The Brazilian outfit, which last week turned down Barcelona`s initial 18 million-euro bid for the striker, made the decision after a meeting of the club`s board Wednesday night, reports Xinhua.
"Santos has analysed the the proposal and it doesn`t meet our requirements," Santos vice-president Odilio Rodrigues told O Globo.
"He (Neymar) remains a part of our team and has a contract until July 2014."
The latest development involving Neymar`s future comes amid reports that representatives from both Barcelona and Spanish rivals Real Madrid are currently in Brazil to negotiate a deal for the 21-year-old.
Santos, to whom Neymar is contracted until the 2014 World Cup, owns 55 percent of the player`s economic rights. The remainder is held by investment firms DIS (40 percent) and Terceira Estrela Investimentos (5 percent).
The club risks losing Neymar for nothing if it does not strike a deal for the forward before the close of the European summer transfer window in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday