Santos renew interest in Robinho
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football Santos have revealed they will resume their pursuit of AC Milan winger Robinho during the European summer transfer window.
The Brazilian club held talks with the Italians over the 29-year-old during the January transfer period but balked at the Italian outfit`s 10 million-euro asking price.
Santos`s acting president Odilio Rodrigues admitted Saturday that the former Real Madrid and Manchester City player was again on the club`s radar.
"We are going to look into it again during the next transfer window. When it opens we will go after him," Rodrigues said.
Robinho, who has struggled to win a regular starting berth this season, has had two separate spells at Santos. He was part of the side`s 2002 and 2004 Brazilian championship-winning teams before returning to help the club secure the 2010 Copa do Brasil.
In Santos` favour is the fact Robinho`s contract at the San Siro expires next year, meaning he could leave as a free agent if AC Milan fail to negotiate a summer transfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees