Santos renew interest in Robinho
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football Santos have revealed they will resume their pursuit of AC Milan winger Robinho during the European summer transfer window.
The Brazilian club held talks with the Italians over the 29-year-old during the January transfer period but balked at the Italian outfit`s 10 million-euro asking price.
Santos`s acting president Odilio Rodrigues admitted Saturday that the former Real Madrid and Manchester City player was again on the club`s radar.
"We are going to look into it again during the next transfer window. When it opens we will go after him," Rodrigues said.
Robinho, who has struggled to win a regular starting berth this season, has had two separate spells at Santos. He was part of the side`s 2002 and 2004 Brazilian championship-winning teams before returning to help the club secure the 2010 Copa do Brasil.
In Santos` favour is the fact Robinho`s contract at the San Siro expires next year, meaning he could leave as a free agent if AC Milan fail to negotiate a summer transfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley