Santos renew interest in Robinho
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football Santos have revealed they will resume their pursuit of AC Milan winger Robinho during the European summer transfer window.
The Brazilian club held talks with the Italians over the 29-year-old during the January transfer period but balked at the Italian outfit`s 10 million-euro asking price.
Santos`s acting president Odilio Rodrigues admitted Saturday that the former Real Madrid and Manchester City player was again on the club`s radar.
"We are going to look into it again during the next transfer window. When it opens we will go after him," Rodrigues said.
Robinho, who has struggled to win a regular starting berth this season, has had two separate spells at Santos. He was part of the side`s 2002 and 2004 Brazilian championship-winning teams before returning to help the club secure the 2010 Copa do Brasil.
In Santos` favour is the fact Robinho`s contract at the San Siro expires next year, meaning he could leave as a free agent if AC Milan fail to negotiate a summer transfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors