Santos say Barcelona friendly wasn`t a mistake
Sao Paulo: Odilio Rodrigues, vice-president of Santos, doesn`t regret arranging the friendly against Barcelona which the Brazilian football club lost 0-8.
Speaking at a press conference Monday, Rodrigues responded to criticism he has faced since the exit of star striker Neymar and coach Muricy Ramalho. Other board members have asked him to step down from his position at the club, reports Xinhua.
"Santos Football Club doesn`t regret the friendly, only the way we lost the match. We understand that friendly matches help our progress.
"Barcelona are ahead of us in terms of tactical and technical quality. The protest is valid, criticisms are valid," he said.
Santos have suffered since the exit of the 21-year-old Neymar, sold for approximately $66 million. The club currently lies 14th in the Brazilian league table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...