Santos say Barcelona friendly wasn`t a mistake
Sao Paulo: Odilio Rodrigues, vice-president of Santos, doesn`t regret arranging the friendly against Barcelona which the Brazilian football club lost 0-8.
Speaking at a press conference Monday, Rodrigues responded to criticism he has faced since the exit of star striker Neymar and coach Muricy Ramalho. Other board members have asked him to step down from his position at the club, reports Xinhua.
"Santos Football Club doesn`t regret the friendly, only the way we lost the match. We understand that friendly matches help our progress.
"Barcelona are ahead of us in terms of tactical and technical quality. The protest is valid, criticisms are valid," he said.
Santos have suffered since the exit of the 21-year-old Neymar, sold for approximately $66 million. The club currently lies 14th in the Brazilian league table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof