Santos say Barcelona friendly wasn`t a mistake
Sao Paulo: Odilio Rodrigues, vice-president of Santos, doesn`t regret arranging the friendly against Barcelona which the Brazilian football club lost 0-8.
Speaking at a press conference Monday, Rodrigues responded to criticism he has faced since the exit of star striker Neymar and coach Muricy Ramalho. Other board members have asked him to step down from his position at the club, reports Xinhua.
"Santos Football Club doesn`t regret the friendly, only the way we lost the match. We understand that friendly matches help our progress.
"Barcelona are ahead of us in terms of tactical and technical quality. The protest is valid, criticisms are valid," he said.
Santos have suffered since the exit of the 21-year-old Neymar, sold for approximately $66 million. The club currently lies 14th in the Brazilian league table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll