Santos to extend Neilton`s contract
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil`s Santos have begun talks with Neilton, who is also a target of English club Tottenham, in a bid to extend the teenager`s contract by four years.
Neilton has scored four goals from 10 matches since being promoted to Santos` senior squad in March, drawing comparisons with former Santos idol Neymar, who has recently joined Spanish giants Barcelona, reports Xinhua.
"We have begun negotiations. Our aim is to extend his contract. We need to sit down with him, his representatives and come to an agreement that is good for all concerned," Santos vice president Odilio Rodrigues told Uol.
Neilton`s current deal expires next May and he will be free to sign a pre-contract with a rival club in November this year.
According to reports, Tottenham are considering a seven million-pound offer for the 19-year-old winger.
But Neilton said he had no intention to leave the Brazilian top-flight outfit.
"There have been no offers. I saw the news and I have a contract with Santos until next year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened