Santos to extend Neilton`s contract
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil`s Santos have begun talks with Neilton, who is also a target of English club Tottenham, in a bid to extend the teenager`s contract by four years.
Neilton has scored four goals from 10 matches since being promoted to Santos` senior squad in March, drawing comparisons with former Santos idol Neymar, who has recently joined Spanish giants Barcelona, reports Xinhua.
"We have begun negotiations. Our aim is to extend his contract. We need to sit down with him, his representatives and come to an agreement that is good for all concerned," Santos vice president Odilio Rodrigues told Uol.
Neilton`s current deal expires next May and he will be free to sign a pre-contract with a rival club in November this year.
According to reports, Tottenham are considering a seven million-pound offer for the 19-year-old winger.
But Neilton said he had no intention to leave the Brazilian top-flight outfit.
"There have been no offers. I saw the news and I have a contract with Santos until next year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!