Santosh Trophy to be held in two phases, Federation Cup in Kerala
New Delhi: The next Santosh Trophy national football championship will be played in two phases - zonals and final -- while the Federation Cup will be held in Kerala from January 1-12, it was decided by the AIFF`s Tournament Committee here today.
While the final phase would be held in Siliguri, West Bengal between January 15-31, 2014, the zonals are slated to be held between December 1-20, 2013.
Zameer Thakur chaired All India Football Federation`s Competition Committee which meet at the AIFF Headquarters here today. Besides Thakur, vice-chairman Menla Ethenpa, Debjyoti Mukherjee, Syed Imtiaz Hussain, Deepak Sharma, Hem Chand, Babli Mandrekar, GK Shrivastava and Harish Vohra also attended the meeting.
AIFF General Secretary Kushal Das was also present as was Anil Kamat, Director, Competitions.
It was also announced that the U-14 Tournament for Boys would be held in Kalyani, West Bengal between November 10-30.
The Junior National Football Championship for Girls would be held in Odisha from November 20 to December 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city