Santosh Trophy to be held in two phases, Federation Cup in Kerala
New Delhi: The next Santosh Trophy national football championship will be played in two phases - zonals and final -- while the Federation Cup will be held in Kerala from January 1-12, it was decided by the AIFF`s Tournament Committee here today.
While the final phase would be held in Siliguri, West Bengal between January 15-31, 2014, the zonals are slated to be held between December 1-20, 2013.
Zameer Thakur chaired All India Football Federation`s Competition Committee which meet at the AIFF Headquarters here today. Besides Thakur, vice-chairman Menla Ethenpa, Debjyoti Mukherjee, Syed Imtiaz Hussain, Deepak Sharma, Hem Chand, Babli Mandrekar, GK Shrivastava and Harish Vohra also attended the meeting.
AIFF General Secretary Kushal Das was also present as was Anil Kamat, Director, Competitions.
It was also announced that the U-14 Tournament for Boys would be held in Kalyani, West Bengal between November 10-30.
The Junior National Football Championship for Girls would be held in Odisha from November 20 to December 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok