Sao Paulo call halt to Manchester United talks over Lucas Moura
Sao Paulo: Brazilian club Sao Paulo director Adalberto Baptista insists that negotiations with Manchester United for the transfer of Lucas Moura are over.
The Red Devils had a £27.2 million bid for the young Brazil star turned down but the message from the Tricolor Paulista camp in its wake is unclear. The club`s vice-president, Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes, had left the door open for a future bid on Wednesday, only 24 hours after the player`s agent had declared the matter closed.
"There are no negotiations going on. Everybody knows that we got an offer for him, and rejected it. It`s also known that Lucas doesn`t want to leave. The only person keeping the expectations alive is his agent," Baptista said.
"The decision is final. There will always be great team going after great players. This mismatch between the European and Brazilian transfer window makes it hard for national clubs, and we have to deal with that."
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson may now turn his attentions more strongly onto Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin, as Goal.com exclusively revealed that the Red Devils are eyeing the out-of-favour Turkey international.
The news comes only a day after Chelsea completed the £25m signing of Lucas` Brazilian Olympic colleague, Oscar, from Internacional.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder