‘Satisfied’ Man City owner Sheikh Mansour says Mancini’s job is safe
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has stated he is happy with his team’s performance this year even if they come short of winning the Premier League title this season.
Mansour’s latest statement indicates manager Roberto Mancini`s job is safe regardless of the outcome of the title race.
City trail United by three points going into next Monday`s derby at the Etihad Stadium, but have a superior goal difference and know that by winning their three remaining matches they would almost certainly claim a first league crown since 1968.
Mansour has revealed he was excited to have a shot at the title, but was already pleased with how the season has gone.
“The difference is three points and we do have a chance,” The Daily Mail quoted Mansour, as saying to an Abu Dhabi based radio.
“But whatever happens and even if we don`t win I am very happy and satisfied with the players, the team and the management. They have performed very well and have improved in their last few matches,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation