‘Satisfied’ Man City owner Sheikh Mansour says Mancini’s job is safe
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has stated he is happy with his team’s performance this year even if they come short of winning the Premier League title this season.
Mansour’s latest statement indicates manager Roberto Mancini`s job is safe regardless of the outcome of the title race.
City trail United by three points going into next Monday`s derby at the Etihad Stadium, but have a superior goal difference and know that by winning their three remaining matches they would almost certainly claim a first league crown since 1968.
Mansour has revealed he was excited to have a shot at the title, but was already pleased with how the season has gone.
“The difference is three points and we do have a chance,” The Daily Mail quoted Mansour, as saying to an Abu Dhabi based radio.
“But whatever happens and even if we don`t win I am very happy and satisfied with the players, the team and the management. They have performed very well and have improved in their last few matches,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya