‘Satisfied’ Man City owner Sheikh Mansour says Mancini’s job is safe
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has stated he is happy with his team’s performance this year even if they come short of winning the Premier League title this season.
Mansour’s latest statement indicates manager Roberto Mancini`s job is safe regardless of the outcome of the title race.
City trail United by three points going into next Monday`s derby at the Etihad Stadium, but have a superior goal difference and know that by winning their three remaining matches they would almost certainly claim a first league crown since 1968.
Mansour has revealed he was excited to have a shot at the title, but was already pleased with how the season has gone.
“The difference is three points and we do have a chance,” The Daily Mail quoted Mansour, as saying to an Abu Dhabi based radio.
“But whatever happens and even if we don`t win I am very happy and satisfied with the players, the team and the management. They have performed very well and have improved in their last few matches,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- IIMC Results 2016: IIMC entrance exam result 2016 (www.iimc.nic.in) to be declared today on June 24, 2016
- Feeling depressed? Go for a walk!
- Pak, Afghan to set up bilateral mechanism to address border issues
- 'Finding Dory' Box Office collections: Opens well in India, mints Rs 7.68 crore!
- Two killed in truck collision in UP