Schalke beat Hamburg 4-1 in Bundesliga
Berlin: Dutch international and Schalke striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar scored a hat-trick to help his team hammer Hamburg 4-1, to close the 31st round of the German Bundesliga.
Schalke`s win Sunday helped them cement their fourth position, a UEFA Champions League play-off spot.
It was Hamburg`s first loss after two straight wins and they stay in the eighth position.
Hamburg opened the scoring but Schalke came from behind to wrap up the 14th win of the season courtesy Huntelaar`s hat trick after his comeback following a long-term injury.
Elsewhere, Mainz and Frankfurt secured a point following a goalless draw in the local derby.
The draw lifts Frankfurt to fifth position still on course for Europe whilst Mainz slipped from 9th to 10th position, six points away from the top six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister