Schalke boss to stay until season`s end: reports
Berlin: German Bundesliga side Schalke 04 are set to keep Jens Keller as their coach until the end of the season, according to media reports.
According to several media outlets, including Sky Sports News, daily Bild and local Gelsenkirchen newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten, Schalke`s bosses have already decided the under-fire 43-year-old will keep his job until at least May.
Keller, who took charge in December 2012, has helped steer the Royal Blues to the knock-out stages of the Champions League, where they face Spanish giants Real Madrid, and sixth in the Bundesliga, but has come under pressure following erratic results.
Ex-Werder Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf has been heavily linked as a possible replacement for Keller, something Clemens Toennies, the head of Schalke`s advisory board, denied after a meeting on Monday night.
"There`s nothing new, I don`t know where that information comes from," Toennies told Bild when asked about Schaaf.
"We will sit down after the Nuremberg game (on Saturday) and then make a decision together."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living