Schalke boss to stay until season`s end: reports
Berlin: German Bundesliga side Schalke 04 are set to keep Jens Keller as their coach until the end of the season, according to media reports.
According to several media outlets, including Sky Sports News, daily Bild and local Gelsenkirchen newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten, Schalke`s bosses have already decided the under-fire 43-year-old will keep his job until at least May.
Keller, who took charge in December 2012, has helped steer the Royal Blues to the knock-out stages of the Champions League, where they face Spanish giants Real Madrid, and sixth in the Bundesliga, but has come under pressure following erratic results.
Ex-Werder Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf has been heavily linked as a possible replacement for Keller, something Clemens Toennies, the head of Schalke`s advisory board, denied after a meeting on Monday night.
"There`s nothing new, I don`t know where that information comes from," Toennies told Bild when asked about Schaaf.
"We will sit down after the Nuremberg game (on Saturday) and then make a decision together."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read