Schalke humbles Hannover 3-0 in Bundesliga
Berlin: Schalke striker and Spanish veteran Raul Gonzalez netted a brace to inflict a 3-0 loss on Hannover while Hamburg and Leverkusen shared points to complete the 29th round of the German Bundesliga.
Schalke smoothed the way for the win Sunday with an early goal in the sixth minute as former Real Madrid striker Raul flicked home a free kick cross by Jefferson Farfan.
Two minutes after the start of the second half the Spaniard scored his second goal to double Schalke`s lead.
Schalke sealed the match in the 63rd minute when Dutch international striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar scored into open goal after an assist by Farfan.
"Today we played very nice football. Great compliment to my team," Schalke coach Huub Steven was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
"Today we were without a chance. Schalke have won today, well deserved to be honest," added Hannover coach Mirko Slomka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley