Schalke loses Afellay and Mortiz to injuries
Berlin: German Bundesliga side Schalke 04 suffered a double injury blow as Ibrahim Afellay and Christoph Moritz had to quit a training camp in Doha due to injuries.
Barcelona loanee Afellay sustained a tear at the junction of muscle and tendon in his right thigh. Therefore he will be out of action for at least two months. The 26-year-old Dutch international will undergo a rehabilitation programme to ensure a 100 percent recovery, reports Xinhua.
Moritz suffered a medial collateral ligament tear in his right knee during the 3-2 friendly win over Al-Saad. The German Under-21 midfielder will be sidelined for several weeks.
Both players will return to Germany Tuesday to start with the treatment.
Schalke sits currently at seventh position with 25 points, 12 points adrift from front-runners Bayern Munich.
The "Knappen" host Bayern Munich Tuesday for a test match in Doha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon