Schalke loses Afellay and Mortiz to injuries
Berlin: German Bundesliga side Schalke 04 suffered a double injury blow as Ibrahim Afellay and Christoph Moritz had to quit a training camp in Doha due to injuries.
Barcelona loanee Afellay sustained a tear at the junction of muscle and tendon in his right thigh. Therefore he will be out of action for at least two months. The 26-year-old Dutch international will undergo a rehabilitation programme to ensure a 100 percent recovery, reports Xinhua.
Moritz suffered a medial collateral ligament tear in his right knee during the 3-2 friendly win over Al-Saad. The German Under-21 midfielder will be sidelined for several weeks.
Both players will return to Germany Tuesday to start with the treatment.
Schalke sits currently at seventh position with 25 points, 12 points adrift from front-runners Bayern Munich.
The "Knappen" host Bayern Munich Tuesday for a test match in Doha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble