Schalke offers Raul new contract
Berlin: German first division football club Schalke 04 have offered veteran Spanish striker Raul a new contract, said Schalke`s director of sport Horst Heldt.
As Heldt and Raul`s agent Gines Carvajal have been unable to find a suitable time to meet, Heldt has sent him an email with the offer.
Raul`s current contract will expire in the summer.
"We agreed that we would send Gines Carvajal our proposal using a modern communication method, meaning email," Heldt was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
"The simple reason for this is that he has been abroad for a few days and, since we have several midweek games, we were unable to find a suitable time to meet in person," he went on. "Therefore, we are both very pleased with this solution."
Heldt will now wait for Raul`s response. "Firstly, Raul`s agent has to take his time considering the offer and then he will discuss it with the player," added Heldt. "We have tentatively agreed to meet at the end of March to talk about it. That means we are fully on schedule."
"Raul is definitely a very important player for us," he said. "He has scored 11 goals in the Bundesliga this season alone and is always totally committed. We are very proud to have such a unique footballer playing for Schalke."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Philippines' President-elect to bring back death penalty
- Did Sofia Hayat actually say, "I know I gave birth to Shiva"?
- PM Modi reacts to his Pakistan visit, says 'now I do not have to explain India's fight against terrorism to the world'
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 flash sale on June 28; receives record 5.25 lakh registrations
- Naxalism will be rooted out soon: Rajnath Singh