Scholes` tackle is amusing not malicious: Reo-Cocker
London: Bolton midfielder Nigel Reo-Cocker has said that he always smiles whenever he sees Manchester United midfield maestro Paul Scholes tackle. He also said he was pleased to see Scholes back from retirement.
Reo-Cocker believes that Scholes` tackles never have any wicked intention, but it`s just that he isn`t good at it. "I`ve had many encounters with Scholesey and I do find it amusing. He`s such a talented player, but tackling isn`t one of his qualities," said Reo-Cocker.
Reo-Cocker also praised Scholes for the amount of efforts he puts in during his tackles, The Sun reports.
"You have to give it to him though. You respect him because he still tries. He makes such an effort to get it right, and it is fantastic to see," he added.
He also lauded Manchester United and its former players for always being ready to help the club during crisis. "But it`s Manchester United, which is such a tight-knit family club in the way the generations have come through."
"You get the feeling Scholes, Nicky Butt, the Neville brothers and David Beckham would do anything to help the club. So from that point of view, maybe it shouldn`t have been such a surprise," he added. Bolton will play Manchester United at Old Trafford tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?