Scholes` tackle is amusing not malicious: Reo-Cocker
London: Bolton midfielder Nigel Reo-Cocker has said that he always smiles whenever he sees Manchester United midfield maestro Paul Scholes tackle. He also said he was pleased to see Scholes back from retirement.
Reo-Cocker believes that Scholes` tackles never have any wicked intention, but it`s just that he isn`t good at it. "I`ve had many encounters with Scholesey and I do find it amusing. He`s such a talented player, but tackling isn`t one of his qualities," said Reo-Cocker.
Reo-Cocker also praised Scholes for the amount of efforts he puts in during his tackles, The Sun reports.
"You have to give it to him though. You respect him because he still tries. He makes such an effort to get it right, and it is fantastic to see," he added.
He also lauded Manchester United and its former players for always being ready to help the club during crisis. "But it`s Manchester United, which is such a tight-knit family club in the way the generations have come through."
"You get the feeling Scholes, Nicky Butt, the Neville brothers and David Beckham would do anything to help the club. So from that point of view, maybe it shouldn`t have been such a surprise," he added. Bolton will play Manchester United at Old Trafford tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!