Scolari admits Neymar talks with Barcelona
Santos: Luiz Felipe Scolari has revealed he has spoken with Barcelona president Sandro Rosell regarding the future of Neymar and informed him of the Santos star`s exemplary "behaviour".
Peixe vice president Odilio Rodrigues revealed last week that the 21-year-old is desperate to make the move to the Camp Nou side and the Brazil coach has now added further fuel to those rumours.
"He is an example to follow as a sportsman. I have spoken to Sandro Rosell about how he behaves on the training pitch and about his personality. And he really is an example to follow," he told Canal+.
"Barcelona are clearly leading the race for his signature. He would be a great signing for Barcelona.
"He would be an idol for the fans next season alongside Lionel Messi."
Neymar has a contract with Santos until after World Cup 2014, but he could be on the move this summer as he will travel to Barcelona after the Confederations Cup to discuss a potential transfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Muttiah Muralitharan, three others to be inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- Rio Games 2016: Olympic pro at 22, Shiva Thapa banks on improved strength at mega event
- India vs West Indies: Confident visitors arrive in Kingston for 2nd Test
- Coal scam: Court awards 3 years jail term to Rathi Steel CEO
- 'India more than capable of achieving 100 Smart City goal'