Scolari admits Neymar talks with Barcelona
Santos: Luiz Felipe Scolari has revealed he has spoken with Barcelona president Sandro Rosell regarding the future of Neymar and informed him of the Santos star`s exemplary "behaviour".
Peixe vice president Odilio Rodrigues revealed last week that the 21-year-old is desperate to make the move to the Camp Nou side and the Brazil coach has now added further fuel to those rumours.
"He is an example to follow as a sportsman. I have spoken to Sandro Rosell about how he behaves on the training pitch and about his personality. And he really is an example to follow," he told Canal+.
"Barcelona are clearly leading the race for his signature. He would be a great signing for Barcelona.
"He would be an idol for the fans next season alongside Lionel Messi."
Neymar has a contract with Santos until after World Cup 2014, but he could be on the move this summer as he will travel to Barcelona after the Confederations Cup to discuss a potential transfer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary