Scolari admits Neymar talks with Barcelona
Santos: Luiz Felipe Scolari has revealed he has spoken with Barcelona president Sandro Rosell regarding the future of Neymar and informed him of the Santos star`s exemplary "behaviour".
Peixe vice president Odilio Rodrigues revealed last week that the 21-year-old is desperate to make the move to the Camp Nou side and the Brazil coach has now added further fuel to those rumours.
"He is an example to follow as a sportsman. I have spoken to Sandro Rosell about how he behaves on the training pitch and about his personality. And he really is an example to follow," he told Canal+.
"Barcelona are clearly leading the race for his signature. He would be a great signing for Barcelona.
"He would be an idol for the fans next season alongside Lionel Messi."
Neymar has a contract with Santos until after World Cup 2014, but he could be on the move this summer as he will travel to Barcelona after the Confederations Cup to discuss a potential transfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city