Scolari: Barca using Neymar on wrong side
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has criticized Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino`s decision to play Neymar on the right side of attack.
Neymar began on the right in Barcelona`s Champions League quarterfinal first leg against Atletico Madrid Tuesday. But the 22-year-old finished on the left, from where he scored the equalizer in a 1-1 draw at the Camp Nou, reported Xinhua.
"He is more comfortable playing on the (left) side," Scolari was quoted saying by Brazilian news service Uol late Tuesday. "On the right he has less space to express himself."
Scolari added that Neymar needed to be treated differently from other players due to his unique qualities.
"He is a special player and acts in a different way," the 65-year-old said. "In Brazil we have a different idea about Neymar than in Spain."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan