Scolari: Barca using Neymar on wrong side
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has criticized Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino`s decision to play Neymar on the right side of attack.
Neymar began on the right in Barcelona`s Champions League quarterfinal first leg against Atletico Madrid Tuesday. But the 22-year-old finished on the left, from where he scored the equalizer in a 1-1 draw at the Camp Nou, reported Xinhua.
"He is more comfortable playing on the (left) side," Scolari was quoted saying by Brazilian news service Uol late Tuesday. "On the right he has less space to express himself."
Scolari added that Neymar needed to be treated differently from other players due to his unique qualities.
"He is a special player and acts in a different way," the 65-year-old said. "In Brazil we have a different idea about Neymar than in Spain."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India