Scolari: Barca using Neymar on wrong side
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has criticized Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino`s decision to play Neymar on the right side of attack.
Neymar began on the right in Barcelona`s Champions League quarterfinal first leg against Atletico Madrid Tuesday. But the 22-year-old finished on the left, from where he scored the equalizer in a 1-1 draw at the Camp Nou, reported Xinhua.
"He is more comfortable playing on the (left) side," Scolari was quoted saying by Brazilian news service Uol late Tuesday. "On the right he has less space to express himself."
Scolari added that Neymar needed to be treated differently from other players due to his unique qualities.
"He is a special player and acts in a different way," the 65-year-old said. "In Brazil we have a different idea about Neymar than in Spain."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured