Seedorf disappointed with low attendances for Brazil`s Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro: Dutch ace Clarence Seedorf said he was disappointed with the low attendances during the 2012 Brazilian championship.
The Botafogo midfielder, who had played for European giants Real Madrid, Internazionale and AC Milan, lamented that supporters do not turn out in force on a weekly basis, reports Xinhua.
"One thing that surprised me here in Brazil was how few people go to the stadium. It`s not part of the culture. I would like to see the stadiums with more fans," he said.
Seedorf joined Rio de Janeiro club Botafogo from Italian outfit Milan in July. Despite finishing the year without any titles to show for his efforts, the 36-year-old earned high praise for the level of his displays for the Glorioso.
The former Holland international finished the year with eight goals as Botafogo ended the season in the seventh place.
Seedorf will be looking to win his first trophy in Botafogo as the Rio de Janeiro state championship kicks off next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning