‘Selling Luka Modric would be a Massive Loss’
London: Tottenham defender Kyle Walker has admitted that selling Luka Modric would be a "massive loss" to Spurs with the club looking to be facing a battle to keep the Croatian at White Hart Lane.
The midfielder has been quoted as saying he wants to leave Tottenham and has hinted at being interested in a move to Chelsea after the Blues had a £22 million bid rejected although chairman Daniel Levy has since insisted the Croatian is not for sale "at any price".
Walker, currently in Denmark on England Under-21 duty, meanwhile, is aware of Modric’s value and admitted that he was hopeful he could be persuaded to stay in north London.
"He`d be a massive loss," he said according to The Mirror.
"But, hopefully, Spurs is not a selling club and hopefully they keep hold of him and keep going forward."
Walker also went on to praise Modric further insisting he was a great asset for Spurs both on and off the pitch.
"He`s hard to get the ball off in training and he`s good to have around, good to give the ball to.
"He gets you out of trouble and I think he`s a fantastic player."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?