Seoul midfielder Ki to join Celtic in January: Report
Seoul: FC Seoul midfielder Ki Sung-yong will be allowed to join Scottish club Celtic in January. Celtic had been keen to take the promising 20-year-old to Glasgow immediately but FC Seoul were reluctant to let him go with the team top of the Korean league midway through the season.
However, after further negotiations Seoul agreed to let Ki go in January. Yonhap said the transfer fee was around USD 3.25 million.
"In the beginning there was talk of a transfer in August, but it was pushed to January because of our team`s circumstances," Yonhap quoted FC Seoul General Manager Han Woong-soo as saying.
"Now it`s a win-win for both clubs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!