Seoul midfielder Ki to join Celtic in January: Report
Seoul: FC Seoul midfielder Ki Sung-yong will be allowed to join Scottish club Celtic in January. Celtic had been keen to take the promising 20-year-old to Glasgow immediately but FC Seoul were reluctant to let him go with the team top of the Korean league midway through the season.
However, after further negotiations Seoul agreed to let Ki go in January. Yonhap said the transfer fee was around USD 3.25 million.
"In the beginning there was talk of a transfer in August, but it was pushed to January because of our team`s circumstances," Yonhap quoted FC Seoul General Manager Han Woong-soo as saying.
"Now it`s a win-win for both clubs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!