Seoul midfielder Ki to join Celtic in January: Report
Seoul: FC Seoul midfielder Ki Sung-yong will be allowed to join Scottish club Celtic in January. Celtic had been keen to take the promising 20-year-old to Glasgow immediately but FC Seoul were reluctant to let him go with the team top of the Korean league midway through the season.
However, after further negotiations Seoul agreed to let Ki go in January. Yonhap said the transfer fee was around USD 3.25 million.
"In the beginning there was talk of a transfer in August, but it was pushed to January because of our team`s circumstances," Yonhap quoted FC Seoul General Manager Han Woong-soo as saying.
"Now it`s a win-win for both clubs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag
- Subramanian Swamy says he stands by PM Narendra Modi
- Fraudulous chit funds back to haunt Bengal in agricultural schemes avatar
- Now, Karnataka schools ordered to buy book highlighting Siddaramaiah govt's achievements