Sergio Aguero in line for Manchester City comeback
London: Argentine striker Sergio Aguero is poised to return to action after being named in the Manchester City squad for Wednesday`s FA Cup third-round replay at home to Blackburn Rovers.
City`s top scorer this season with 19 goals, Aguero has been sidelind by a calf injury since his side`s 6-3 demolition of Arsenal in the Premier League on December 14.
"Sergio is working with normality with the whole squad and he is on the squad list for tomorrow," City manager Manuel Pellegrini said on Tuesday.
"He is a very important player for us. It doesn`t matter if we are scoring a lot of goals, Sergio will always be a very important player and we are happy he is coming back."
Aguero`s return coincides with the news that midfielder Samir Nasri will be out for around eight weeks after damaging knee ligaments in Sunday`s 2-0 win at Newcastle United.
"He is a very important player for us," Pellegrini said of the Frenchman.
"He was also playing in a very good moment so we hope he can come back as soon as possible, but I think less than six or seven weeks will be difficult."
Aguero sent a message of support to his stricken team-mate on Twitter on Tuesday, writing: "All my strength goes to @SamNasri19! Eight weeks will fly by, tho we need you in the team. You`ll come back better than ever!"
Meanwhile, Pellegrini confirmed that 21-year-old Swedish striker John Guidetti is due to leave the club on loan.
The Sweden Under-21 international, who has been at City since the age of 16, is reportedly set to join Stoke City.
"Yes, John is going on loan. I said two or three weeks ago," Pellegrini said. "I don`t know if he has arranged with Stoke, but he is going on loan."
Pellegrini also disclosed that midfielders Yaya Toure and David Silva will miss the match against Blackburn at the Etihad Stadium with minor injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened