Sergio Aguero to undergo scan on hamstring injury
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is a doubt for his side`s Premier League visit to Hull on Saturday after being forced off at half-time as City lost 2-1 to Barcelona.
Defeat ended City`s Champions League aspirations for another season as Barca progressed to the quarter-finals 4-1 on aggregate on Wednesday.
However, there could also be repercussions for their Premier League title challenge should their top scorer be missing for any significant length of time.
City currently lie in fourth, nine points adrift of leaders Chelsea, but still control their own destiny as they have three games in hand on Jose Mourinho`s men.
"I felt something in my left leg in the run with Messi at the start of the game," said the Argentine.
"I tried to continue, but at halftime I didn`t want to run any more risks."
City assistant boss Ruben Cousillas said Aguero would undergo a scan on Thursday but that he remained hopeful the injury wouldn`t be too serious.
"It is still too early to say how long he could be out. Apparently it is nothing serious," he said.
"He will have a scan tomorrow. The doctors will decide, at the moment we can`t speculate."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach