Sergio Aguero to undergo scan on hamstring injury
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is a doubt for his side`s Premier League visit to Hull on Saturday after being forced off at half-time as City lost 2-1 to Barcelona.
Defeat ended City`s Champions League aspirations for another season as Barca progressed to the quarter-finals 4-1 on aggregate on Wednesday.
However, there could also be repercussions for their Premier League title challenge should their top scorer be missing for any significant length of time.
City currently lie in fourth, nine points adrift of leaders Chelsea, but still control their own destiny as they have three games in hand on Jose Mourinho`s men.
"I felt something in my left leg in the run with Messi at the start of the game," said the Argentine.
"I tried to continue, but at halftime I didn`t want to run any more risks."
City assistant boss Ruben Cousillas said Aguero would undergo a scan on Thursday but that he remained hopeful the injury wouldn`t be too serious.
"It is still too early to say how long he could be out. Apparently it is nothing serious," he said.
"He will have a scan tomorrow. The doctors will decide, at the moment we can`t speculate."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event