Sergio Aguero to undergo scan on hamstring injury
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is a doubt for his side`s Premier League visit to Hull on Saturday after being forced off at half-time as City lost 2-1 to Barcelona.
Defeat ended City`s Champions League aspirations for another season as Barca progressed to the quarter-finals 4-1 on aggregate on Wednesday.
However, there could also be repercussions for their Premier League title challenge should their top scorer be missing for any significant length of time.
City currently lie in fourth, nine points adrift of leaders Chelsea, but still control their own destiny as they have three games in hand on Jose Mourinho`s men.
"I felt something in my left leg in the run with Messi at the start of the game," said the Argentine.
"I tried to continue, but at halftime I didn`t want to run any more risks."
City assistant boss Ruben Cousillas said Aguero would undergo a scan on Thursday but that he remained hopeful the injury wouldn`t be too serious.
"It is still too early to say how long he could be out. Apparently it is nothing serious," he said.
"He will have a scan tomorrow. The doctors will decide, at the moment we can`t speculate."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP