Sergio Ramos hoping to retire at Real Madrid
Madrid: Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has stated that he would like to end his playing career with the capital club.
The 26-year-old arrived at the Santiago Bernabeu from Sevilla in 2005, and has since cemented his place in the back line, winning three Liga titles and one Copa del Rey on the way.
"Hopefully I can retire at this club and will be able to write another book like this," the Spain international stated at the launch of his book Sergio Ramos: Heart, Character and Passion.
"I am grateful to everyone, and especially to president for all your support, as always, and for his commitment to me. Also, my team-mates and my family who always support me in every moment.
"Today is an important day and I want my family to enjoy and be proud of me."
Meanwhile, president Florentino Perez praised Ramos for successfully making his mark at the illustrious club, despite the pressures that come with playing for Madrid.
"The Bernabeu is the temple where legends have forged Madrid. It is not easy to wear the shirt of the club and play in this stadium," he added.
"It takes much talent, maximum delivery and all with a big dose of responsibility. Fans have welcomed Ramos as a new benchmark for Real Madrid. The best of you has yet to come."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir