Sergio Ramos, Pepe extend Real Madrid deals
Madrid: Real Madrid announced on Tuesday that defenders Sergio Ramos and Pepe have signed long-term contract extensions with the club.
"Sergio Ramos and Pepe have renewed their contracts with Real Madrid and are now tied to the club until 2017 and 2016 respectively", read a brief statement on the Spanish side`s official website.
No details were provided as to the value of the new deals, or as to the two players` release clauses.
The Madrid press first suggested that Brazilian-born, Portuguese international defender Pepe had agreed a new deal back in March which would earn him up to four million euros ($5.6 million) a year after tax.
Meanwhile, reports of a new deal for Ramos, taking his annual salary from three million euros to 4.5 million euros ($6.3 million) first appeared last December.
The 25 year-old had two years still to run on his previous deal, while Pepe`s contract was due to expire next summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court ban on 2000 cc diesel cars stays
- Hotness alert! Ranveer Singh's macho avatar will make you go weak in the knees
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work