Sergio Ramos, Pepe extend Real Madrid deals
Madrid: Real Madrid announced on Tuesday that defenders Sergio Ramos and Pepe have signed long-term contract extensions with the club.
"Sergio Ramos and Pepe have renewed their contracts with Real Madrid and are now tied to the club until 2017 and 2016 respectively", read a brief statement on the Spanish side`s official website.
No details were provided as to the value of the new deals, or as to the two players` release clauses.
The Madrid press first suggested that Brazilian-born, Portuguese international defender Pepe had agreed a new deal back in March which would earn him up to four million euros ($5.6 million) a year after tax.
Meanwhile, reports of a new deal for Ramos, taking his annual salary from three million euros to 4.5 million euros ($6.3 million) first appeared last December.
The 25 year-old had two years still to run on his previous deal, while Pepe`s contract was due to expire next summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Indian submarine documents stolen, not leaked: French source
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO