Sergio Ramos, Pepe extend Real Madrid deals
Madrid: Real Madrid announced on Tuesday that defenders Sergio Ramos and Pepe have signed long-term contract extensions with the club.
"Sergio Ramos and Pepe have renewed their contracts with Real Madrid and are now tied to the club until 2017 and 2016 respectively", read a brief statement on the Spanish side`s official website.
No details were provided as to the value of the new deals, or as to the two players` release clauses.
The Madrid press first suggested that Brazilian-born, Portuguese international defender Pepe had agreed a new deal back in March which would earn him up to four million euros ($5.6 million) a year after tax.
Meanwhile, reports of a new deal for Ramos, taking his annual salary from three million euros to 4.5 million euros ($6.3 million) first appeared last December.
The 25 year-old had two years still to run on his previous deal, while Pepe`s contract was due to expire next summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre