Serie A falling behind in Europe: Nesta
Rome: Former AC Milan defender Alessandro Nesta believes that cash-strapped Serie A has fallen behind the English Premier League, German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga.
The Italian top flight cannot compete with other top European leagues due to financial crisis, he said Sunday.
"There`s no money in Italy at the moment and the best players go to play in other leagues - Spain, England, Germany. Italy`s going down," he said.
But the veteran centre-back has admitted that Juventus` signing of Carlos Tevez is a step in the right direction.
"It`s a very good signing. A player like Tevez, I didn`t think would play in Serie A now. Juventus did a good job," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report