Serie A falling behind in Europe: Nesta
Rome: Former AC Milan defender Alessandro Nesta believes that cash-strapped Serie A has fallen behind the English Premier League, German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga.
The Italian top flight cannot compete with other top European leagues due to financial crisis, he said Sunday.
"There`s no money in Italy at the moment and the best players go to play in other leagues - Spain, England, Germany. Italy`s going down," he said.
But the veteran centre-back has admitted that Juventus` signing of Carlos Tevez is a step in the right direction.
"It`s a very good signing. A player like Tevez, I didn`t think would play in Serie A now. Juventus did a good job," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation