Serie A: Roma awarded three points for Cagliari postponement
Rome: Roma have been awarded three points for their Serie A clash with Cagliari after the scheduled match on Sunday evening was postponed.
The fixture at the Rossoblu`s new ground, Stadio Is Arenas, was initially due to take place behind closed doors over concerns for the safety of supporters, as the ground is yet to pass security tests.
However, the clash was cancelled after club president Massimo Cellino invited supporters to disregard the authorities` warnings and attend the match if they had a ticket.
Roma director Franco Baldini called for his club to be awarded three points by default as a result of the postponement, leaving Cagliari to issue a statement branding the chief a "vulture", although his wish has now seemingly been granted.
A statement from ruling body Lega Serie A read: `[The Judge] decided to sanction Cagliari with the loss of the competition with a score of 0-3 (zero to three), also providing the transmission of a copy of the records to the Federal Attorney General of jurisdiction over the conduct of [Cagliari] President Cellino.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video