Serie A to impose zero tolerance on shirt-tugging
Rome: Italy referees chief Stefano Braschi has stated that zero tolerance will be imposed on shirt-tugging and player protests in the upcoming Serie A football season.
The match officials will clamp down on the ugly habits of shirt-tugging in the penalty area and crowds of players protesting around the referee, Braschi said Sunday, reports Xinhua.
"Of course, you can talk to us, but there are ways of doing it. We want the captain to go back to a special role, one that helps the officials a great deal," he said.
"There will be zero tolerance on shirt-tugging. Enough of those amazed faces whenever we award a free kick or penalty. Players have to be aware of the rules," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie