Server Djeparov wins AFC Player of the Year
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia): Uzbekistan midfielder Server Djeparov has won the Asian Football Confederation’s Player of the Year award for the second time.
FIFA President Sepp Blatter attended Wednesday’s award ceremony in which Djeparov edged out Hadi Aghily of Iran, South Korea’s Koo Ja-cheol and Yeom Ki-hun and Japan’s Keisuke Honda and Shinji Kagawa.
The 29-year-old Djeparov helped Uzbekistan reached the semifinals of the 2011 Asian Cup in the team’s best ever finish.
Djeparov, who also won the AFC award in 2008, joined Saudi Arabian club Al Shabab in July after playing well for FC Seoul in the Asian Champions League.
Other winners included Japan’s Aya Miyama for Women’s Player and Qatar’s Al Sadd for Club of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report