Sessions on fight against doping conducted during FIFA meet
New Delhi: Sessions on `fight against doping` and `supplements in doping` were conducted on the concluding day of the Football Medicine Regional Course, jointly organised in the capital by FIFA, AFC and the AIFF.
The course was attended by 42 participants (doctors) from 12 countries including 12 Indian doctors who went back "enriched" after being "taught" by Prof. Jiri Dvorak, head, chief medical officer, FIFA.
Assisting Dvorak were Dato Gurcharan Singh, chairman, AFC medical committee and Prof. Shane Brun, FIFA and AFC medical instructor, amongst others.
"The idea was to educate doctors (both from India and abroad) to deal with medical emergencies, promote health and promote and safeguard safety and medical organisation of a tournament," said Dr. Manabendra Bhattacharya, chief medical consultant, AIFF.
The five-day course kicked off on January 14.
"Doctors can bring in such a massive change to the society. Across the world, it`s important they enjoy the support of the government as well as their colleagues," Prof. Brun said.
Iranian Lady Doctor, Zohreh Haratian said that she is going back "enriched".
"I`m grateful to what my professors have taught me," she said. "I promise to go back to my country and share it with everyone."
Pakistani doctor, Fazal-ur-Rahman who was one of the attendees, felt the course helped him gain "more exposure".
AFC medical officer, Dr. Nisith Ranjan Chowdhury, thanked the AIFF for bringing such a course to India.
"There has been no FIFA-AFC affiliated medical conference in the region (SAFF) in the last ten years or even more. Doctors need to keep themselves abreast with the developments which is not always the case. This course bridged the gap," he opined.
The day also saw the participants visiting the WADA Accredited Doping Laboratory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion