Sessions on fight against doping conducted during FIFA meet
New Delhi: Sessions on `fight against doping` and `supplements in doping` were conducted on the concluding day of the Football Medicine Regional Course, jointly organised in the capital by FIFA, AFC and the AIFF.
The course was attended by 42 participants (doctors) from 12 countries including 12 Indian doctors who went back "enriched" after being "taught" by Prof. Jiri Dvorak, head, chief medical officer, FIFA.
Assisting Dvorak were Dato Gurcharan Singh, chairman, AFC medical committee and Prof. Shane Brun, FIFA and AFC medical instructor, amongst others.
"The idea was to educate doctors (both from India and abroad) to deal with medical emergencies, promote health and promote and safeguard safety and medical organisation of a tournament," said Dr. Manabendra Bhattacharya, chief medical consultant, AIFF.
The five-day course kicked off on January 14.
"Doctors can bring in such a massive change to the society. Across the world, it`s important they enjoy the support of the government as well as their colleagues," Prof. Brun said.
Iranian Lady Doctor, Zohreh Haratian said that she is going back "enriched".
"I`m grateful to what my professors have taught me," she said. "I promise to go back to my country and share it with everyone."
Pakistani doctor, Fazal-ur-Rahman who was one of the attendees, felt the course helped him gain "more exposure".
AFC medical officer, Dr. Nisith Ranjan Chowdhury, thanked the AIFF for bringing such a course to India.
"There has been no FIFA-AFC affiliated medical conference in the region (SAFF) in the last ten years or even more. Doctors need to keep themselves abreast with the developments which is not always the case. This course bridged the gap," he opined.
The day also saw the participants visiting the WADA Accredited Doping Laboratory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing