Seven-a-side football launched in seven cities
Mumbai: A seven-a-side football contest, the Pepsi T20 event, has been launched in seven cities across the country with the winners proceeding to play against some top cricketers and also slated to gain the experience of getting tips from an unspecified international football star.
The event, for amateurs in the 14-30 age group, is to be held in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Lucknow and Ludhiana from tomorrow till May 13 with the finals slated in June, a release said on Tuesday.
Atleast 64 teams from each city will compete in knock-out style 20-minute matches and the top 32 will compete in the respective city finals, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren