Sevilla coach unfazed by possible Fabiano exit
Madrid: Sevilla coach Antonio Alvarez said he won`t lose any sleep if Olympique Marseille`s interest in Luis Fabiano leads to the Brazil striker leaving Spain.
Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier said this week luring Fabiano to Ligue 1 was a priority and Spanish media have reported the French club would pay 15 million euros (USD 19.2 million) and offer the 29-year-old a three-year contract.
"I am concerned but I am not going to lose any sleep over it," Alvarez told a news conference ahead of Saturday`s Spanish Super Cup first leg against Barcelona.
"We are talking about an exceptional player but if the deal is profitable for the club... there`s nothing you can do."
"I will say what I have always said, if Luis Fabiano leaves then someone else will come," he added.
"We`ll have to bring in a player who can guarantee success, who knows Spanish soccer and who is a proven goalscorer."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi