Sevilla, Deportivo and Levante win in La Liga
Madrid: Emir Spahic`s scrappy goal seven minutes from time gave Sevilla a vital home win against Osasuna in the Spanish La Liga football.
Saturday`s result leaves Osasuna bottom of the Liga, but gives Sevilla some vital breathing space and could possibly have saved the job of coach Michel Gonzalez, who was under increasing pressure following a run of poor results for his side.
Osasuna meanwhile will point to a first half goal from striker Kike Sola, which was disallowed for a possible, but not definite handball, Xinhua reports.
Elsewhere, Pizzi`s 57th minute goal gave new Deportivo la Coruna coach Domingos Paciencia a winning debut as his side climbed off the bottom of the table, thanks to a surprise 1-0 home win against Malaga.
Valencia`s improvement under coach Ernesto Valverde continued with a 2-1 victory away to struggling Granada, who were forced to play for almost an hour due to the harsh expulsion of Mikel Rico.
Granada took the lead through Brayan Angulo, but goals from Jonas Goncalves and Pablo Piatti turned the game around and pointed Valencia in the direction of Europe.
Valencia`s city neighbours, Levante`s exceptional season continued with a 3-1 win at home to Athletic Club Bilbao, who had taken the lead through Aritz Aduriz.
However, the home side reacted and equalised through Christian Lell. Vicente Iborra put Levante ahead before the break, just after Aymeric Laporte had been sent off for the visitors and Nabil El Zhar scored with 20 minutes left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey