Sevilla take Sampdoria’s Stankevicius on loan
Madrid: Sevilla have agreed a deal with Sampdoria to take defender Marius Stankevicius on loan until the end of the season, the La Liga club said on their website on Wednesday.
The agreement includes an option for the Andalusians to buy the 28-year-old Lithuania international, who completed a medical and signed his contract after arriving in the Andalusian capital on Wednesday morning, Sevilla said.
Stankevicius will provide cover in central defence and at right back after Sergio Sanchez was diagnosed with a heart condition that has forced him to halt all physical activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report