Sevilla take Sampdoria’s Stankevicius on loan
Madrid: Sevilla have agreed a deal with Sampdoria to take defender Marius Stankevicius on loan until the end of the season, the La Liga club said on their website on Wednesday.
The agreement includes an option for the Andalusians to buy the 28-year-old Lithuania international, who completed a medical and signed his contract after arriving in the Andalusian capital on Wednesday morning, Sevilla said.
Stankevicius will provide cover in central defence and at right back after Sergio Sanchez was diagnosed with a heart condition that has forced him to halt all physical activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader