Sevilla take Sampdoria’s Stankevicius on loan
Madrid: Sevilla have agreed a deal with Sampdoria to take defender Marius Stankevicius on loan until the end of the season, the La Liga club said on their website on Wednesday.
The agreement includes an option for the Andalusians to buy the 28-year-old Lithuania international, who completed a medical and signed his contract after arriving in the Andalusian capital on Wednesday morning, Sevilla said.
Stankevicius will provide cover in central defence and at right back after Sergio Sanchez was diagnosed with a heart condition that has forced him to halt all physical activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL