Sevilla take Sampdoria’s Stankevicius on loan
Madrid: Sevilla have agreed a deal with Sampdoria to take defender Marius Stankevicius on loan until the end of the season, the La Liga club said on their website on Wednesday.
The agreement includes an option for the Andalusians to buy the 28-year-old Lithuania international, who completed a medical and signed his contract after arriving in the Andalusian capital on Wednesday morning, Sevilla said.
Stankevicius will provide cover in central defence and at right back after Sergio Sanchez was diagnosed with a heart condition that has forced him to halt all physical activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!