Sevilla take Sampdoria’s Stankevicius on loan
Madrid: Sevilla have agreed a deal with Sampdoria to take defender Marius Stankevicius on loan until the end of the season, the La Liga club said on their website on Wednesday.
The agreement includes an option for the Andalusians to buy the 28-year-old Lithuania international, who completed a medical and signed his contract after arriving in the Andalusian capital on Wednesday morning, Sevilla said.
Stankevicius will provide cover in central defence and at right back after Sergio Sanchez was diagnosed with a heart condition that has forced him to halt all physical activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India
- Anil Kumble – Facts you must know about India's new coach
- 'Strong' Salman Khan can handle any controversy: Pulkit Samrat
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku