Sevilla unveil goalkeeper Diego Lopez
Madrid: Sevilla presented former Villarreal goalkeeper Diego Lopez a new signing for the 2012-2013 season Monday.
Lopez is one of the first players to leave Villarreal following the club`s shock relegation from the Spanish Primera Liga at the end of last season.
The 30-year-old leaves the club after five seasons. Lopez signed with Sevilla until 2017 and will compete for a first team squad with Javi Varas, who was first choice for much of the recent campaign, where Sevilla was disappointed by missing out on a place in the top six failing to qualify for Europe, reported in a newspaper.
The club has maintained its faith in Michel Gonzalez as coach and he has been given the task of ensuring that next season Sevilla is again challenging for a place in Europe.
Meanwhile Sevilla have also signed Cordoba midfielder Javi Hervas, but he will not be presented as Cordoba is currently still playing matches and has a chance of participating in the end of season play-offs to win promotion to the Primera Liga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan