Sevilla unveil goalkeeper Diego Lopez
Madrid: Sevilla presented former Villarreal goalkeeper Diego Lopez a new signing for the 2012-2013 season Monday.
Lopez is one of the first players to leave Villarreal following the club`s shock relegation from the Spanish Primera Liga at the end of last season.
The 30-year-old leaves the club after five seasons. Lopez signed with Sevilla until 2017 and will compete for a first team squad with Javi Varas, who was first choice for much of the recent campaign, where Sevilla was disappointed by missing out on a place in the top six failing to qualify for Europe, reported in a newspaper.
The club has maintained its faith in Michel Gonzalez as coach and he has been given the task of ensuring that next season Sevilla is again challenging for a place in Europe.
Meanwhile Sevilla have also signed Cordoba midfielder Javi Hervas, but he will not be presented as Cordoba is currently still playing matches and has a chance of participating in the end of season play-offs to win promotion to the Primera Liga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption