Sevilla unveil goalkeeper Diego Lopez
Madrid: Sevilla presented former Villarreal goalkeeper Diego Lopez a new signing for the 2012-2013 season Monday.
Lopez is one of the first players to leave Villarreal following the club`s shock relegation from the Spanish Primera Liga at the end of last season.
The 30-year-old leaves the club after five seasons. Lopez signed with Sevilla until 2017 and will compete for a first team squad with Javi Varas, who was first choice for much of the recent campaign, where Sevilla was disappointed by missing out on a place in the top six failing to qualify for Europe, reported in a newspaper.
The club has maintained its faith in Michel Gonzalez as coach and he has been given the task of ensuring that next season Sevilla is again challenging for a place in Europe.
Meanwhile Sevilla have also signed Cordoba midfielder Javi Hervas, but he will not be presented as Cordoba is currently still playing matches and has a chance of participating in the end of season play-offs to win promotion to the Primera Liga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared on May 25
- Virat Kohli has been advised rest by Team India physiotherapist after IPL 2016: Sandeep Patil
- We are looking at future of Indian cricket: Sandeep Patil on Yuvraj, Harbhajan's axing
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside