Sevilla unveil goalkeeper Diego Lopez
Madrid: Sevilla presented former Villarreal goalkeeper Diego Lopez a new signing for the 2012-2013 season Monday.
Lopez is one of the first players to leave Villarreal following the club`s shock relegation from the Spanish Primera Liga at the end of last season.
The 30-year-old leaves the club after five seasons. Lopez signed with Sevilla until 2017 and will compete for a first team squad with Javi Varas, who was first choice for much of the recent campaign, where Sevilla was disappointed by missing out on a place in the top six failing to qualify for Europe, reported in a newspaper.
The club has maintained its faith in Michel Gonzalez as coach and he has been given the task of ensuring that next season Sevilla is again challenging for a place in Europe.
Meanwhile Sevilla have also signed Cordoba midfielder Javi Hervas, but he will not be presented as Cordoba is currently still playing matches and has a chance of participating in the end of season play-offs to win promotion to the Primera Liga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India