SFA congratulates Bhaichung
Gangtok: Sikkim Football Association (SFA) has congratulated former Indian Football captain Bhaichung Bhutia on being appointed Chairman of the technical committee of the All India Football Federation.
Welcoming the latest development, SFA president BK Roka said that Bhaichung`s experience would bring about positive changes for the development of football in India.
"With this, Sikkim will now have two representatives in the national apex body of football in India. Menla Ethenpa, General Secretary, SFA was elected Executive Member of AIFF for the session 2013-16," a release issued by the Association said.
The AIFF had, yesterday, delivered a welcome surprise by resuscitating the defunct technical committee by appointing Bhaichung as its chairman.
Bhaichung replaced former AIFF vice-president C R Viswanathan.
"AIFF president Praful Patel has made Bhaichung Bhutia`s appointment after the executive committee authorised him," AIFF vice-president Subrata Dutta had announced earlier.
Bhaichung is obviously expected to have a larger role than merely presiding over a committee that in the past had little to do. He is clearly being projected as the face of Indian football.
Former footballers Parminder Singh, Prasun Banerjee and Henry Menzes along with officials Lalnghinglova Hmar and Savio Messias are the other members of the committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi