SFA meet with premier Sikkim clubs for development of game
Gangtok: Aiming at development of football in the Himalayan state, the Sikkim Football Association (SFA) met with premier division football clubs here, including the iconic former India captain Bhaichung Bhutia.
The clubs, led by Bhutia, discussed with the SFA threadbare issues to streamline the football administration in the state and ways to improve the same, on August 24.
Bhutia is the President of the Football Club Association of Sikkim.
As part of streamlining measures the meeting unanimously endorsed the earlier decision to issue `membership with voting rights` to eight Premier Division Clubs, an SFA release said here.
While those clubs, actively participating in the programmes of SFA for more than 10 years, have been offered permanent membership, the other premier division clubs will have to retain their Premier status to retain membership.
The meeting resolved to place these proposals before the next general body meeting of SFA as it involves amendment to the SFA Constitution.
The meeting also discussed the stalled second division S-League. It resolved the Sikkim Premier League will be conducted at different venues since the ongoing Inter Departmental tournament was being held at Paljor Stadium, in view of time constraints.
The 36th All India Governor`s Gold Cup is slated to take place from October 10 to 21.
Bhutia thanked SFA for accommodating the clubs and giving them their due recognition and importance.
Stating that it is difficult for any organisation to function without support from the corporate and government sector, Bhutia advised SFA to look for sponsorship to run all its activities.
He also mooted the idea of appointing a CEO for SFA.
SFA General Secretary, Menla Ethenpa informed that now on there is no room for any association to come between the clubs and the SFA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!