Shakhter Karagandy win in Champions League qualifier
Minsk: Sergei Khizhnichenko scored the only goal of the match to give Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan a 1-0 win over BATE Borisov of Belarus in the first leg of the second qualifying round of the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League.
In the first half, BATE were the more attacking of the two but Shakhter`s goalkeeper Alexander Mokin had a brilliant game Tuesday. Shakhter mostly played on the counterattack.
But early in the second half, Sergei Khizhnichenko managed to score. After that BATE tried their best to restore parity but Shakhter managed to survive.
The second match between the two teams will be held July 23 in Karaganda, Kazakhstan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!