Shakhter Karagandy win in Champions League qualifier
Minsk: Sergei Khizhnichenko scored the only goal of the match to give Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan a 1-0 win over BATE Borisov of Belarus in the first leg of the second qualifying round of the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League.
In the first half, BATE were the more attacking of the two but Shakhter`s goalkeeper Alexander Mokin had a brilliant game Tuesday. Shakhter mostly played on the counterattack.
But early in the second half, Sergei Khizhnichenko managed to score. After that BATE tried their best to restore parity but Shakhter managed to survive.
The second match between the two teams will be held July 23 in Karaganda, Kazakhstan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam