Shakhter Karagandy win in Champions League qualifier
Minsk: Sergei Khizhnichenko scored the only goal of the match to give Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan a 1-0 win over BATE Borisov of Belarus in the first leg of the second qualifying round of the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League.
In the first half, BATE were the more attacking of the two but Shakhter`s goalkeeper Alexander Mokin had a brilliant game Tuesday. Shakhter mostly played on the counterattack.
But early in the second half, Sergei Khizhnichenko managed to score. After that BATE tried their best to restore parity but Shakhter managed to survive.
The second match between the two teams will be held July 23 in Karaganda, Kazakhstan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!